Hi Jim,
Actually, in this respect each client of the game can work independantly
from each other. For example if I press the 1 through 0 on my keyboard
to see what cards are in my hand Sapi would announce only my cards, in
my hand, and not brodcast it across the network to the other players. It
would only brodcast to the other players if you specifically designed
your game to announce to each player what I was doing.
About the only thing that would need to get broadcast to the other
players is that player 1, Tom Ward, has drawn a new card, discarded an
old card, or I played a card and the new face up card on the deck is 9
green or something like that. In this respect it isn't much different
than writing for a computer player except you are taking out the A.I.
part and allowing real human players to make all the decisions.
I know none of your games are network playable,and why you have drawn
the wrong conclusions here. However, I just thought I would point out
that what Ann wants is certainly doable from a programming standpoint,
and that not everything done in a network game is broadcast to everyone
else unless the developer makes it do that. Smile.
Cheers.

Jim Kitchen wrote:
> Hi Ann,
>
> You know other than on line like at AllInPlay, I am not sure how one would
> write any multiple player card game.  You know because I don't know how one
> could hear what their cards are without everyone hearing them.  Pretty much
> the same thing for allot of multiple player games like that like Clue,
> battleship etc.
>
> BFN
>
>      Jim
>
> if you want someone to keep a secret, keep it yourself.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.kitchensinc.net
> (440) 286-6920
> Chardon Ohio USA