Hi,
Generally speaking the armour follows the same principles as your weapons. To b sure you can always view the item to make sure its mr, stamina, etc is the same or better as your existing items. If you get say some sturdy leather that may be roughly equal to common metal armour.

William L. Houts wrote:

I have a question about comparing gear in sryth and I couldn't seem to find it on the Sryth wiki. This is the question: when comparing armors, say, is a metal helmet in poor condition better than a leather helm in common or good condition? I do think I read that it's better to have a good dagger than a shoddy longsword, but I can't tell if the same principle applies to armor.

Thanks!

--Bill