Hi Charles,
Grin. I still write batch files. Most of the time I do it for software development purposes. Like if I have a large Java project i use a batch file to automate the compile process and create the jar file. I also use a command line C/C++ compiler called gcc, and the best way to build stuff is use a batch file that compiles everything for me. It takes all the grunt work out of typing everything. So, hey, writing batch files are fun. I am still a command line geek at heart. I sometimes miss the days when Dos was the only thing in town. At least back then i could install the entire OS using Jaws for Dos.

Charles Rivard wrote:
Ah. Wasn't it fun writing batch files and seeing them work after you wrote them? That's what got me interested in learning programming. Unfortunately, the only skilled reader that could be found at the time had to stop reading for me during the learning of COBOL. I had to drop out of a fast-paced course due to this.

please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]