Hi.

Given my eamon exploration, one thing I'm getting to quite like in it's rpg
phase is the symplified commands.

Menues are handled by inputting numbers of choices into the command line, while
directions work via standard if abbreviations.

One thing that is quite nice though in Eamon delux is that you don't have to
type in full names at all, just enough letters to get the program to recognize
your command and the object.

So for instance, if in a battle your squire is getting beaten up, instead of
typing in Heal squire, you can just type he sq.

The same goes for using spells, b tr, is sufficient to blast a troll.

Of course, Eamon has a fairly symplistic interface with not many commands which
help, though if menue commands could be used more extensively, things which
couldn't be done with the generic commands like complex conversational choices,
or commands to a group of soldiers for example could be done with menue
choices.

Just a thought, given the recent discussion of interfaces.

Beware the Grue!

please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]