From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 10:04 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] the gamebooks of Arborell

Hi Lora,
Smile. Well, Windows Vista is a completely different case. As I have
mentioned on list several times before Microsoft is doing quite a lot of
house cleaning on Windows Vista, removing older technology support, and as a
result a lot of software you own may not work on Vista. Microsoft is also
introducing a lot of new technologies that is probably the way of the future
for Windows users.
For example, alot of gamers here aren't too happy to buy a Windows Vista
system and discover that several VB 6 libraries to run their favorite
accessible game is missing. They have to understand that fundimentally to a
programmer Visual Basic 6 anything is very very old technology.
Those Visual Basic 6 dll files were released in 1998 for Windows 95/Windows
98 era computers. From a software development point of view those dll files
are 10 years old, and are extremely ancient. Microsoft has began removing
them so that Visual Basic developers will begin porting their VB 6 apps to
VB .NET which is fully supported on Vista. As a result it is likely going to
be a while before a lot of companies, especially small accessible game
developers, get updated to the Vista platform and standards.