To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 2:13 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Table Games was Re: Air Hockey

Perhaps there is a gap in the Vi accessaries markit for something which is
the size of a watch battery and makes a continuous beeping sound.

I've played pool myself, but only again because the yellow balls contrast
with the table.

I'm not sure how you'd do snooker pool without some sort of overview feature
or feeling the table as you suggest, but for games with a single small
ball, ---- for instance golf, a continuous stick on buzzer would be the
thing I think.

The problem again would be that such a device, despite being symple to make,
would have it's price raised by a good few hundred quid as soon as you say
the word "accessible"

While not a direct solution to the issue (though possibly handy for golf), I
once saw an infra red buzzer. You had a small sensor which you stuck on
things, and a control linked with an infra red ray. Press the control, and
if the sensor was within a set distance, ---- it'd beep.

Very handy (I myself rather fancied it for marking a seat in a theatre or
train when I went off to the loo or to grab a coffee), however the three
hundred and fifty pound price tag (which I believe given current exchange
would be somewhere in the region of eight or nine hundred Usd), deffinately
and absolutely put me off.

Beware the Grue!

Dark.
-----