A stationary sound to focus on would be too far away. The spot on the approach from which you start your approach would also be very difficult to locate using a stationary sound, because you never start your approach for a spare from the same place unless it is for the same spare conversion. Trying to spot bowl to pick up a 6 pin is a bit different than for a 10, and the rail will keep you straight as well as being a judge of distance from right to left on the approach. At least, this has been my experience. I bowled on a weekly league from 1970 through 1999, and for the last 5 years or so, kept a league average of 110. Not bad for a totally blind bowler.

---
If guns cause crime, pencils cause misspelled words.
To: "Phil Vlasak" <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 2:01 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] Bowling

Hi Phil and all,

Just wondering if anyone has tried putting one of the beeping balls in say the right gutter at a bowling alley as a targeting sound rather than using the rail?

I would just still like to use the standard four step approach when bowling and holding onto the rail throws me off. Thought that a targeting sound might work.

BFN

    Jim

Ah say, son, you're about as sharp as a bowlin' ball.

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA