Hi Sean,
The buttons in the cabin are related to various objects on the island. The bands of color must be read from left to right to dictate which order to push them in. A hint: the windsigh tree is not green. That head is important, but not at the moment. It isn't quite what you think. You might need to get a little more background. Finding a good place to sleep might be useful.
Hope this helps,
Zack.

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 10:58 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] lacuna

yeah you need to type different things.
note in one of the locations there is a compas which when opened will enable another sort of navigation.
I have reached a blockage.
I have found a crystal sculpture, on a volcano, a tree house with an head with a missing ear, looks to be a combination lock of some kind an buttons in a cabin I don't know the sequence of.