Hi Che,
POh, I agree we do need a quick way to get information, but I am just not in for the sonar sound thing. To me the best way might be to add a couple of commands that will announce the distance or direction of the enemy. In Shades of doom pressing m will immediately produce this info. Perhaps doing that would help?

Che wrote:
well, if someone has a better idea, i'm all ears, you need something there, currently there is no speedy way to tell how far away you are from your enemy. not sure why having a feature to give you quick info would be disliked, especially since players wouldn't be forced to use it unless they wanted to, and the coding for something like that is peanuts.
 later,
che