Hi,

But this is a point though that I've made time and time and time again
on this list. How many people outside of this little community actually
know about audyssey and said games? Very few people. I only found out by
word of mouth and quite frankly word of mouth just isn't good enough. I
do my bit where I can and tell people about these games but the point
is, if people just aren't going to invest in advertising, then quite
honestly, they'll never sell. Ok so Phil's site has a list of games. So
does whitestick. And other such sites but they are targeted purely
inwardly at this community. I'm sorry but it just doesn't work. I've
asked this question before and the question still stands. Why aren't
people targeting the likes of the various blindness related
organizations around the world with these games? Offering free demo's
and the like? What about all in play, why not offer games as part of a
poker competition? I've not seen 1 all in play competition where by a
game developer from this list has actually stepped up to the plate and
offered x amount of keys to winners of said competition.

Yes I accept that a lot of these guys are 1 man bands, but if you don't
invest, you don't get anything back. You can't just slap a game out
there and hope that somebody will buy it. That's just pointless and
being frank about it, bad business sense quite honestly. They will never
get off the ground and make money of any kind or even cover their costs
if they aren't prepared to do some good old advertising.

Another point here. How many game clones are there out here now that are
in affect, in breech of copy write. Shades of doom, pacman as well. Both
brilliant creations, I'm not even saying that they aren't they are
excellent. Pacman especially it's the best one of the bunch if you ask
me from what I've seen so far. Because you really do lose nothing from
playing the original game or this game. So another reason why these
developers cannot advertise properly. Because half of the content isn't
even legal. And sorry I'm going to say it. People really should stop
hashing up games from the passed and instead look forward to the future.
Investigate the possibility of making said content legal. Try and
negotiate deals with the various companies and the like. Even prepare
code that you've written up and submit it to them. Prove that it can be
done. To my mind, there is a whole lot more to making things accessible
than just by saying, ok lets just slap this together and hoping it
sells, where is this actually getting anybody. Nowhere. Where is the
awareness? Who's making people aware that there is:

1. a demand for these games.
2. proof that said games can be either coded or adapted such as audio
quaik. Now there is proof if any that things can be done to make things
work.

It's only because in touch have come on this list and asked about it
that we're debating this again, and I really do hope that some of these
points really do get aired on the show I honestly do. It puts the word
out. Since this was first posted, only Thomas, as far as I know out of
the game developers has come up and made a good comment on the state of
play with games. Good for you for saying what you did!! But equally,
this pointless rehashing the passed really does have to stop. I haven't
bought a blind friendly game for ages because I look at half the titles
and I think, I've played that before or something very like it, some of
it I could even have in 1 form or other on my old mega drive so why
would I want to buy it again? There's a lot to be said for opening up to
the wider community at large and seeing exactly what you can find.