Hi Simon,
Well, in my opinion that would be dishonest using someone elses name to market a product. Besides programming is like a work of art for me. if I am going to spend hours of my time on a game, then release it, I personally like the satisfaction letting people know I created it. I like to show people this is what I can do, this is what I did do, and like to offer support for my games. I really dislike the idea of creating something and then releasing it without support or putting my own name on it. Montezuma's Revenge isn't the only game with this quandry. I've been working on a Star Wars FPS title for the last couple of years for my own personal use. I want to release it to the public, but Lucasfilm LTD already told me no way to getting a legal license to redistribute it to the public. So if I release the game it will be totally without their concent. From alegal standpoint that gets messy, and at best i have to release it as free fan fiction only.

simon dowling wrote:
hi tom, just a thought, but why not release it under a different name? after all james north who developed its conception would have had the same issues, and released it.
btw anyone heard anything about max shrapnel?
i went on the alchemy site, and it says that raceway and monty has been sold to usa games.
http://www.secretsthatwekeep.com/003
Simon