Hi Aaron,
Gotcha. As a matter of fact there is a version for several different platforms including: Mac, Linux, and Windows. One thing I have noticed though it seams to run better on non-Windows platforms. I think that is because Windows Vista and Windows 7 are such resource hogs they don't give you enough resources at times to run a very large dos application or game. For example, I wanted to play a pinball game from my MS Dos/Windows 3.1 days via DOSBox. Well, under Windows Vista the audio and vidio would breakup on me. So I tried the same game under Ubuntu Linux with DOSBox for Linux. If I launched it from the console, not from in Gnome, the game ran fine. Point being is that some times having a graphical user interface uses a lot of extra system resources you may need for some processor and hardware intensive titles. Though, if I am not mistaken most VI gamers probably want DOSBox for text based games which isn't all that resource intensive.
Smile.