From: Thomas Ward <thomasward1...@gmail.com
To: Gamers Discussion list <gamers@audyssey.org
Date sent: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 17:12:56 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Final Conflict Strategies

Hi Kelby,
Good question. That particular formation would be fairly tricky
to set
up, but can be done with a lot of practice. What I would do is
send all
of my ships to a staging area, a place to assemble the fleet,
start two
ships out, wait a move, send the second two ships out, wait a
move, and
then trail the fleet with the Defiant. Now, if you want to
create a v
type for mation you'll have to give the ships different headings
for a
couple of moves until they spreed out. For example if you want a
wide v
formating and you were heading towards Cardassian Space set one
side of
the formation to a heading of 325 and the other to 45. After a
move or
so you would get a v style formation, and then you can set all
ships to
0 so that they then head straight up the starmap.
HTH

kelby carlson wrote:
I just downloaded and have begun playing with Star Trek: Final
Conflict. I don't know why, but I'm not always very good at
these
particular strategy games. I have a specific strategy in mind,
but
can't for the life of me figure how to pul it off. Here's what
it is:

My ships will fly in a rough v-formation. Two sovereign-class
ships
will the the points, two will fly close together in the middle,
and the
Defiant will be cloaked in the back for surprise maneuvers.
This seems
to be a good idea because it would let me box in opponents, keep
my
ships together and have decent maneuverability. But ... how
would I do
something like this?

Kelby

"Oh Adam's sons, how cleverly you defend yourself from all that
might do
you good."

--Aslan the Lion

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! --
http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management
of the
list,