Hi James,
Actually, in Beta 4 you start in the last rroom visited, but I know what you mean. I have had nothing but problems and grief with the arcade mode system in Montezuma's Revenge and Mysteries of the Ancients. I only got the issue fixed in Mysteries of the Ancients Beta 4, and even then sometimes it will weird out unexpectedly. This isn't the first time I've thought about yanking the arcade mode out of the game, and now seams like a good time to give the game a clean start.

James Dietz wrote:
Standard all the way for me. It's too much of a bother to start from
the beginning of a level in arcade after losing a life - I'd rather
just die for good. I think lives are oudated anyway.