From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Louise Keel
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 5:15 PM
To: Gamers@audyssey.org
Subject: [Audyssey] New L-works Games Are Awesome.

Hi everyone.

I just thought I'd give you my thoughts on the new games from l-works.
Super egg hunt has been updated, as you will have seen, and I'm loving the
new version.  I've heard accusations of dumbing down, as I think I've said
in a previous mail, I think this is silly.  There are more eggs, which means
it's more difficult to here what's where, you move slower and thus the
chicken, christened by one of my friends Gregory Peck, has more time to get
you. In this latest version a bug has been fixed, and my scores are going up
nicely accordingly!

I also love the fact that the horible hip-hop music which I used to find
very aggrivating on Migraine days, has now been replaced by a lovely outdoor
background sound. Also the chicken has changed.  Different sound, and now
this is where you're going to think I'm cracked.  i used to find McChicken
scary, honest I did. it had a sort of malevolent sound to it, I hated the
peck sound, and the way it would suddenly unfreeze and jump out at you after
a clock sometimes.  Now Gregory you can be annoyed with, cos in this new
game, you have to do a fair bit of jinking around to collect the eggs, and
moving from the straight line is what attracts his attention.  He comes
flapping and fussing at you, but he's more cartoony, and I much prefer the
new peck sound we have now. I like the fact you can hear him moving, and
that if you freeze him he still clucks, so you can hear where he is. He's
still wicked fast though, you have to watch him.

Ok, new GTR, as I shorten the Great Toy Robbery.  First, I didn't realize I
was playing anything new.  I'd rather hoped to have some updated toy sounds.
You find it much easier to pick the toys up though, and there are more,
though not berzillions. Where the real change comes is in the elves.  I used
to find the old elves much easier to deal with than old chicken, and could
steal stuff right out from under their stupid pogo sticks. Um, not any more
I can't.  They're wicked fast and lethal, and hunt in packs, or they have so
far on my game.

The other change is when dealing with the fat jelly belly bean bag! Now in
the old game, when I heard the thunder, I'd breathe a sigh of relief.  Now
was the time to start poking fun at the lumbering old idiot, if I ran a
certain way, he'd never get me. Um, not now. I've got stomped twice. That.
never. happened. to me.

Ways the games could be improved? two I can think of only. A pause feature
would be good.  I hate it if I'm playing a real wopper, and the phone goes,
or someone messages, and I have to stop and lose a really great score. Next,
I don't like the way you can still hear the music when you're not in the
game window. It makes sending a quick message between games without closing
stuff down like I used to, at least in S E H, impossible really, and it's
not necessary, I don't think.

Sorry to have gone on so long, I'll be interested to see what anyone else
thinks. Thanks, Liam, for all your hard work on your terific games.

Best

Lulu.