This is all very encouraging.  Angband has always been my favorite variant
of the rogue-like games, with Zangband (Angband plus characters/creatures
from Roger Zelazny's Amber universe as my favorite sub-variant.)  I never
found an efficient way of playing these after the DOS days, and had to be
content with introducing my wife to them.  If a consciously accessible
design can be put into the development tree, I will waste whole days on this
game.  Hmmm, wait, maybe that's not a good thing.

Please keep us posted.

        Chris Bartlett