Hi all.
Well I have something that needs ms speech engine.
the recognition engine.
The same issue happens on all the systems that I have.
A reformat does fix it but only till it comes back.
Error message
the task can not be completed because the necessary engine can not be located.
I have removed sapi5.1 fully, and deleted the recognition keys from the
registry and the recognition files from the coman files/ ms shared folder in
speech.
I have searched for and killed the right files.
interestingly after installing again the error comes back.
I have theorised the following conditions.
1.  sapi4 installs and makes the error, not sure as its only for tts except for
spchapi and I don't use the ms sapi4 recognition.
2. I know ms  office   installs its own recogniser, and I suspect this is the
issue.
now ms office is not on this system but on others.
 the sapisvr will fix the issue but only for one run of the sapi.cpl aplet.
Issue is I know what it probably came from but no idea why it breaks on the
systems or how to fix it.
I know that reformatting will not do that since once the offending app is
loaded its broke for all time.
I have the standard sapi5.1 install which has mary and mike and the recognition
engine all in one.
its about 50mb in size.
Now unless there is a newer engine or some way to fix this I can't run its your
plane for my flight sim thingy.
I know its all there but hmmph.
also when uninstalling things don't get killed necessarily.
I don't want to mangle anything either really if possible.