Hi Phil,
The problem is that older Visual Basic 6 programs do not have good Unicode support. That means if it runs on a computer using a foreign language like Japanese, Chinese, whatever it will crash because the unicode characters are unsupported by the program. The only solution I can see is to change the settings in Windows to use English when a program is launched with Unicode support. The more long term, better solution, is to rewrite the GMA engine using something like C# or VB .Net with unicode support included.
HTH

Phil Vlasak wrote:
Hi
I think what is needed is to run English software on a Chinese computer.
The problem is that David doesn't know Chinese and he doesn't have a Chinese computer to test the game engine on. The error message does not specify what the problem is so he can not fix it.
Phil