Well-said Thomas.
However, I know for a fact that flight simulator is used as a training
tule for pilots.
And personaly my extencive experience using FS 2004 has taught me a
lot and allowed me to answer questions and learn more about aviation
and flying aircraft, even though I'm not phisicly handling the
controls.

> Hi Josh,
> No, the Microsoft Flight Simulators are purely for entertainment
> purposes, and aren't there to actually train professional pilots. People
> applying for a pilots license still have to work with a trainer and put
> in actual flight time in a plane plus take written tests to show they
> know how to do accurate instrument readings etc.
> Besides that when you employ IYP with FS 2004 you aren't actually
> flying the plane yourself anyway. All IYP does is allow you to give
> instructions to your copilot to help you run through the check lists,
> take off, land, change heading, altitude, etc. So even though you are
> the captain of the airplane you don't do any actual flying yourself. You
> just tell your copilot what to do and she does it for you. That's a bit
> like cheating since you are most likely using IYP to avoid manually
> flying the plane yourself.
> So even assuming an employer would consider FS 2004 as a job skill it
> wouldn't count in your case because you use IYP. Since IYP does the
> actual flying for you they could truethfully say you never actual flew a
> simulation solo and thus have no flight experience in a simulator on
> your own. So all around your answer is no.
> Smile.
>

> Josh wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> If I get really good at fs2004 andits your plane, could I put that on a
>> resume and  would having experience ussing an industry standard flight
>> simulator help me get a job at all? I think that real pilots in training
>> use fs, don't they? so could it help us as blind people secure employment
>> if we get good at using fs and the lingo and stuff?
>>
>> Josh

website: Nickhelms.net
sip phone number: 360-526-6509
Skype: Nickster919