Hi Nick,
Dickson was actually talking about C# not C++, but my answer is the same. I always refer people to
http://safari.oreilly.com
because it is an invaluable programming resource. A membership is somewhat expensive, but is worth a high quality do-it-yourself programming education. As far as what book a c++ programmer should read try"Teach Yourself C++ In 21 Days 4th Eddition by Jessie Liberty." It is a well written and in depth introduction to the C++programming language. As it happens I still use the book to look up things I've forgotten and need to be refreshed on. Unfortunately, my copy is a bit out of date and I haven't downloaded the updated version yet or I'd send a copy of it to you.

Nick Helms wrote:
I've been trying to learn C++ myself.
My problem is that all the books confuse me, like with Dixan.
This is a great question.
Unfortunetly, I don't know the answer, but it would be great if
someone could point those interested to a blind programming website,
since blindprogramming has gone down.
Does anyone know of any good resources for learning C++ as a blind person?