Hi Dickson,
Yes and no. The XAudio2 library doesn't support mp3, wma, or ogg formats, but it does support a propriatary format called xwma. The xwma format seams to be a modified wma format specially designed for the XNA audio libraries. I've tinkered with xwma files and they do have fairly good compression. So if you decide to use SlimDX you can use xwma files for long music tracks, background ambience, and other things you want to compress. Now, if you really have to have other file formats another option here is SdlDotNet. I don't think SDL's mixer support is all that great, but one thing it does well is supports several file formats. You can play mp3, ogg, wav, etc.
HTH

Dickson Tan wrote:
Hi

Does SlimDX has support playing of file formats other than wav? E.G mp3? If I were to develop games, it would be a major space saver. Thanks for the tips.

Cheers
Dickson