Hi,
No, the games do not come with the Adrift runner. The adrift runner is the program that loads and runs Adrift text adventures. In order to play an Adrift text adventure you have to find and download them from the internet. There are several web sites that feature Adrift text adventures. There is the interactive fiction archive on
ifarchive.org
the adult interactive fiction community on
aifcommunity.org
and of course there are plenty of Adrift text adventures on the Adrift web site. Once you find and download a text adventure you like you can unzip the game and put the taf files in a directory like an Adrift folder in My Documents or in a more global location like
c:\Adrift.
HTH

CSF inc. wrote:
Tom you said "*.taf files
associated with Adrift you can just press enter on LastWeek.," I have none of these files, where would I get them from, I simply loaded the adrift 40.something51; that created a "adrift," selection under my programs, it has "generator, manual, and the run app," after selecting the runner a edit box comes up; then I attempt to load last week and I guess I don't have that file, I thought it was loaded with the program itself.. Thanks