weird.
I have microsoft security.
and although it stopped the installer it did not stop the game.
did this happen once you installed and then ran from the program group or
directly?
are you using vista?
looks like windows can't read something, when does this error come, at program
run, does music play?
do you have issues with sound?
do any of the files play?
could be a codec problem, get and install the klite mega codec pack in default
mode and try again this thing does do mp3s.
no one bar you seems to be having issues with the game.
Turn avg off and try again.
but as I said avg would probably come up.
ms has not stopped me running the game.
its protection is active

just did a scan and nothing is going on.
did you install to the default drive and directory
uninstall get my installer at
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1407689/nop31.zip
unzip then run one of the 2 installers, try the vistasetup first and see if it
runs.

if you installed it to an external device try loading it to the default.
do a chkdsk c: /f on the c drive or whatever drive is your os drive reboot and
after scan is done try again.
defrag your drive.
chkdsk should fix this.
It looks like either the drive is bad, windows can't find the file or something
nothing here is going on and in fact you look to be the only one that  has this
issue.
Its sertainly not my installer thats doing this although I have fixed a few
bugs in the code.
did you run night of parasite 2.4 ok and did it work.
did it ever work?
YOu probably have some sort of drive or audio file error or something.
I have no idea what could be going wrong.
a chkdsk will probably fix any errors if there are any, but if the drive is
doing other weird things it may be on the way out.
the folder and file should work ok.
admin should have all the permitions but then I have no idea what your os is I
can not test for vista right now but hmph.
if anyone else is having this issue I may have to tell the vista installer to
not install on 9x versions, and to only load on vista and up, but that means
more checking.
do you have the latest updates for your os?
service packs, etc.
this may be the issue to.

have any other programs done this?
does anyone else have this issue.
if so I will rewrite the vista installer but that means reuploading the entire
archive.
heck I know it works, I'll do that anyway.
but that will be it I think.