Hi,
I don't know of any way to safely  and successfully install Microsoft
Mike, Mary, and Sam on Windows 7 as the don't seam to be 5.3 compatible.
I'm not even sure why anyone in their right mind would want too in the
first place.  Anna sounds much better than the older voices, and all of
the earlier voices Sam, Mary, and Mike suck in my opinion.
At any rate Jim still can create Sapi applications in VB 6 because 5.3
is a com library, and isn't that much different than 5.1 to support. In
fact, all of his games work with Windows 7 so he has all of the
necessary code in place already. The only thing he is missing is some of
the more advanced speech settings and Sapi 5.3 specific features etc.
Which he wouldn't want to use if continuing to support Sapi 5.1 on XP.
He would, however, have to continue to use the older Sapi 5 docs as
there aren't 5.3 docs for VB 6 I know of.