Hi Shaun,
Well, there is system security to keep in mind. Knock on wood I have not
gotten one virus on my Windows Vista or Windows 7 based systems yet.
However, I've had several virus problems with Windows XP. In fact, the
family computer, running XP, was taken out by a nasty virus a couple of
weeks ago, but the rest of the systems on the network running Linux and
Windows 7 were uneffected. This isn't to say Windows 7 isn't invonerable
to virus attacks, but one reason the virus didn't spread any further is
that User Account Control prompted me to run program x, and when I
realised it was the virus I told it  not to run it, and that stopped the
virus cold. So even though some people find UAC a pain to use it is one
more extra layer of security from these kinds of attacks.