Hey Jason,
In my storeys I use a character called Dan. I wonder if you could use him as a
hero character?.
This guy is known as a dragon but his quite powerful. He could do 32 or more
damage.
But he has spells like, casting a gust of wind at you, a teleporting spell, and
lots of other stuff. He could wield guns, bombs, and knifes and swords.
In my little books that I write for fun, he has a gang of 224 dragons, and 300
people. Also some kangaroos.
But to make it fare in the game, 4 or 5 dragons will give it a little push.
Names are. Thaith, cate, dranak, gruva, ganaganagana, and Drifanaldis.
When you start the game, you will have an option of him on your side, or fight
him. When he is on your side, he will only have one member called Thaith.

Best of luck,
Muhammed.