Hi Peter,
Well, it isn't possible to uninstall DirectX without using add/remove
programs, but I'd recommend updating it to the latest release to make
sure the XNA Framework and DirectX version you have match. One thing
I've noticed about Entombed that isn't documented is that the XNA
Framework are only .Net based wrappers for Microsoft DirectX's XNA C++
libraries that ship with DirectX. If DirectX and XNA aren't correctly
installed and the right versions you can run into some crashes and
problems do to mismatched versions. So the rule of thumb I use is use
DirectX latest and XNA Framework latest and you should avoid that
problem. This is of course assuming that is the problem.
As for the .Net Framework if other .Nt based gaes are working well,
then there is no need to uninstall that component. It is working fine.
Whatever the problem is it as to do with Entombed, and I'm not
familiar enough with it to know exactly what might be wrong here.