hmmph.
yeah directx could be out of date, xna mysql etc should be part of the game, I
think there is a redist file somewhere on the site.
oh note if you have an older xna you may want to kill it.
Yeah windows needs updating.
on the subject of dotnet dotnet 2 and 3 got a optional update for backward
compatibility for 4.0, this is not gona effect anything  including directx for
other stuff you already have but it does show that ms still think there needs
to be backward compatability.