On the entombed list where spoilers are actually pretty important (their in the list guidelines), it's just specified that one is written at the top of the message or in the subject, ---- what you right is up to you so long as it's words to the effect of "This message contains spoilers read at own risk"

As you say, just so that it's obviously there and someone can stop reading as needed. It doesn't have to be s p o i l e r s p a c e (which imho is a trifle long winded for the purpose), ---- just so long as the word spoilers is involved in some noticeable fashion.

That's the policy over there, and that's what I'd do here personally anyway.

Beware the grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 10:36 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] correct me if I'm wrong on spoiler spaces - Re: Motaquestion.

>From the beginning, I thought we should write

followed by our hint or solution to someone who gets stuck in games. We do that, or we put some other notification that a spoiler is about to be read by a screen reader so that those who don't want, or don't need, a spoiler right now can quit reading it before the hint is given away. Is this the right way to do it? Thanks.
---
In God we trust.