A google group would be a good idea. It provides a forum-like
interface to a group. I think it'dl et you post to a list even ifyou
aren't subscribed.

There is already a forum discussing similar topics on audiogames.net.
I'd like an official gamers forum to replace the gamers list because
not everyone who is on the list is signed up for the audiogames.net
forum,  nor would they necessarily sign up to a forum created by you
or I. Of course this would mean that everyone would have to learn to
interact on a forum instead of a mailing list. Now I know it might be
scary at first, but it's really easy when you used to it, and you'll
eventually find it quite fun! Try it. It won't bite.