Hi Jim,
Ahem...No offense but that is a seriously bad move. The Sapi 5.1
voices and libraries aren't supported on Windows Vista and later.
Vista requires 5.3 or higher so I have no idea what installing the 5.1
libraries and voices will do to his computer. Whatever the case I
don't recommend it to be on the safe side.

HTH