Hi Philip,
Hmmmm...I do see that as somewhat problematic though as the problem
isn't specific to VisualBasic 6. This also happens with any .Net
application  because the .Net String class converts ascii strings to
unicode automatically which makes sense most Windows applications use
unicode strings rather than ascii.  I supppose if you pass the string
directly to the Sw_Init function it wouldn't do that, but if you use
the String class it probibly would try and pass an Unicode string. I
think we need to look into this more as Unicode is pretty common and
ascii is almost a thing of the past as far as Windows is concerned.