yes, copying backups takes a while. i currently have about 130 gb of stuff to backup each time onto my external drive which takes a good couple of hours. However, what I usually do is set it running while I'm doing something else like playing a game or watching a film, or else just leave my pc on over night while it goes on.

pluss of course, you can set several folders going at once which speed things up.

Generally though, having all my stuff safe is more than worth it, and as I said, it's not really to bad because I don't have to sit around and watch it backup.

Beware the grue!