To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2010 4:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Short messages

From the other side of the coin: You have hundreds of Emails to go through on a daily basis. You know the answer to someone's query, short and sweet. Your answer will be informative, and it is what they are looking for. Quickly and concisely, you send a reply. There is not time, nor is there the need, to send a lengthy reply. If someone is asking if a particular game is playable using JAWS, you don't have to go into how to play it. At times, a simple "Yes, this game is playable using JAWS. Give it a try and happy gaming." is all that is necessary. One important thing to note, though: Include some indication as to who you are replying to, and what you are talking about. The above example of a reply would be totally pointless if you did not include the message you replied to, or if you didn't include, at least, the name of the game.

---
Shepherds are the best beasts!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Weispfennig" <weis...@googlemail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2010 9:25 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] Short messages

Hello everyone,

I have seen this going through the list, but I wanted to say it again,
since I am kind of getting annoyed at this. As Thomas Ward stated,
E-Mails are not Short messaging systems. E-Mail is just like writing a
letter to somebody over the internet. Now, I gotta ask you:
If you write a letter to, for example, your mom, would you just write one
line? With  No Greetings, no Hi, and no bottom line, like Regards, Wish
you well, or whatever?
This is something to be considered about. Yes, I know, I have been doing
this too. But I have realized that it is not the way to go. This mailing
list is to speak about games, yes, but it's not a group chat where people
write their answers in 160 Chars or less. I always try to explain
whenever I am talking about something over 160 Characters, and a Hi and a
Good bye. If I want to ask something, for example if I am having trouble
with a game, if someone could help me, if it is an outside-game error, I
write exactly what I have, installed, and how I did to run it, not just:
"Hey, it doesn't work, how can I fix it?", since, that sounds kind of...
Not plesent, I guess. Also, if someone asks something, like What does BGT
stand for, for example, I don't just write in one  line:
Blast bay game toolkit.
I would probably add some more information. Well, that's been it for me.
Oh, yeah, and if you really want a gamers chat, why not make one at
groupsim? We already have one, and we are happy if you join.
Oriol is
the Admin and creator of this one:
group1230...@groupsim.com
Audiogames planet.
There you could go and ask short questions, and give short answers, but
please, not through E-Mail, since I bet no body is writing a simple
letter saying:
How are you doing?
And sends it.

Kevin