Yeah.. that keyboard locking thing is something I've had experience with multiple times. Unfortunately, it's hard to even close JFW... because if you bot up another screenreader like window-eyes, the keyboard remains locked, and it's dificult to reach the task manager to close Jaws.

As for unloading JFW for games.. I found it better to put it in sleep mode, at least until I converted to WE completely. Reason? Because JAWS sometimes doesn't unload properly which messes up the game, and if it does, there are times it won't start up again. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2010 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] BrailleSoft No Longer Supports Freedom Scientific

Hi Hayden,
That's what I thought. Unfortunately, for Jaws users that is a very
bad practice as Jaws yanks control of the keyboard away from the Win
API and substitutes itself as the input manager. That's bad because
I've seen cases where Jaws has crashed, locked up, etc and when it
does so the keyboard itself was rendered totally useless until Jaws
was closed.
So, anyway, I guess to fix this problem with games the only way to run
Jaws with those games is either to put it to sleep, shut it down, or
write scripts that basically says if this or that key is pressed call
the pass key through function and pass the keyboard command through to
the game. That sort of bites big time.

Hi Thomas,
Yep, that'spretty much how it works from what I've read. It's the way JAWS monitors for scripting. It checks the first against the current application
script file for matches, then against the default script file, then if it
doesn't find it in either it passes it through to the application.

Best Regards,
Hayden