From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Orin
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2010 4:46 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] king of fighters anniversary joystick for
theplaystation

Was this made by Madkatz? I heard ones made by them were pretty good.

Also. I have trouble with the motions and things on the DPad, either I don't
do it right, forget it or it ends up being blocked; wondering if the
joystick would make it easier to do full circles though, like I guess just
rotate the stick 360 and hit the punch/kick buttons that go with that move.
Suppose that'd be easier than hitting up-down-left-right and sometimes you
have to do two of them, especially for ultras, or at least I think I do
remember seeing an ultra with two 360s in them. Orin orin8...@gmail.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/orinks
Skype: orin1112

On Aug 27, 2010, at 12:27 PM, Johnny Tai wrote:

> Just a heads up on this product. The King of Fighters anniversary
> joystick was made to make your fighting game experience that much more
> enjoyable- so they said. I payed 65 bucks each for the pair I bought,
> and right off the bat, I noticed that these joysticks were extremely
> tough to use. The sticks grind horribly when rolled, and to get a half
> circle from right to left to work was nearly impossible. To make a
> long story short, I went back to using the DS controlers after trying
> the joysticks out for the first day, but last weekend, me and my
> girlfriend were playing the first Marvel VS Capcom game on the PS1
> system, and we decided to bust out the joysticks. We barely went 3
> rounds before one of the joysticks all of a sudden stopped responding
> all together. Yesterday, me and a buddy opened up the joystick to take
> a look inside, and here is the problem: At the base of the stick on
> the inside of the machine, there is a thin cross piece made of
> plastic. This piece is what they put in there to allow contact between
> the stick and the actual directional controls. When you hold the stick
> in the down position for example, the bottom of the cross piece inside
> will angle down and touch the right part of the feedback board- giving
> your character the crouch. Problem here is that the plastic they used
> is very thin- like the material you see on a CD case- those break alot
> too. My girfriend actually snapped off two of four sides of that
> crosspiece without knowing or meaning to just playing MVC. As my buddy
> demonstrated, you can snap off the remaining legs of the crosspiece
> just by pressing on them with your finger tip. So now we're left with
> one completely useless joystick, and one that we're afraid to use. So,
> if you're shopping for joysticks, and you come across this model, give
> it a wide burst, and those of you who have bought it already, good
> luck and be gentle.

> gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org. You can make changes or update your
> subscription via the web, at
list,