Hi Bryan,
That's very simple. Those of us who use non-Windows machines install
Windows to have the power and functionality of both operating systems.
I, for example, can use Linux all I want, but when I want to play Tank
Commander, Sarah, Shades of Doom, whatever simply reboot the system
and select Windows from the boot loader and I'm set. I don't have to
do without Windows software products just because I intend to use
Linux 90% of the time.
Admitedly that is a disadvantage to me, as the end user, as I still
have to fork out the cash for Windows, maybe a Windows screen reader,
to maintain compatibility with Windows products, but I'm not bound to
use it all the time. I still have a choice not to use it because the
alternative operating system is also sitting right there. Basically,
what I'm getting at is I do it for the simple pleasure that I can get
the best of both worlds by installing multiple operating systems on
the same computer. Unless you have taken advantage of those
alternative operating systems and programs it is easy to say, "Well,
Windows is fine for me," because you don't know what you are missing.

Cheers!