Hi Shaun,
Yes the new GMA engine now does pan sounds correctly for those with Vista and Windows 7. Once David releases it I think it will work on all of the GMA games that use the engine. The new engine also gives you support for moving with the mouse, but that requires a data file for each game that is different. This requires David and me to adjust the settings for each game, and decide how the game responds to the mouse movement. I am using the new engine file for the update to Sarah that has taken a lot longer to finished than I expected. Real life problems, especially with taking care of two elderly dogs has prevented me from spending the amount of time I had planned on working on the game. I hate to make predictions, but I am determined to get the update done in October.
Phil

----- Original Message ----- From: "shaun everiss" <sm.ever...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2010 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Sarah game

yeah this is because the old gma engine uses vb6 code and stuff is
not emulated with directx 8 properly.
As an interim solution, reformat and reinstall xp.
There is supposed to be a new version in the works but thats been
bandied round since win7 came out sertainly for the last 2 years.
If it is being worked on then david is being quite tight lipped on
the progress though we have gotten reports over the works that its
being worked on though not much of that.
I am just happy I still use xp.