Hi Lori,
Nope. You didn't miss anything important. It is just a case of Hayri
was using a program called WebMon to monitor my downloads directory
and decided to download an unstable version of MOTA beta 14 without
waiting for word from me that it was for A, the public, and B, that it
was the most stable build of the game. As a result he decided to let
everyone on the list know about it, and caused a bit of confusion over
weather this was really the official version of beta 14 or not.

Cheers!