I also use Linux from time to time so I sure wouldn't want you to go
backward at all Tom. As I write this I haven't installed Beta14 but will
get it running on Windows this afternoon and probably on Vinux in the near
future. Sound is complicated because everyone's ears are slightly different
and every sound card can also be slightly different. If this newer
technology is working the way you want then I'd certainly stay with it.
Good luck Buddy and we'll stay with you no matter the outcome.

For The Best In music Please Listen to the Legend.
http://legend-oldies.com
Please feel free to follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/djc500