Hi,
Well, before we completely rule out the input as "sucky" let's
remember this is a beta. That means I'm testing and trying different
things to see how they work. I've already made a few changes to the
input system in beta 16 that has improved input and made it a bit
smoother and responsive than beta 15. A lot of what is needed here is
fine tuning of the code, but I can't do that with this stop error
hanging over my head.
Fortunately, I have an idea as to what is happening, but still not
exactly certain as to what is causing it. I'm looking at various
possibilities which hopefully bare fruit soon. I've got a possible
patch in the works for the beta testers which might, repete might, fix
it, but we won't know until it gets tested.

Cheers!