Hi.

people already on the audiogames.net forums or who read the site news will know
about this, but for everyone else I thought an announcement was in order.

just over a week ago, a chap by the name of Jeremy Kaldovski turned up on the
forum with the name Aprone. He was interested in stratogy games so we filled
him in about sound rts, time of conflict etc.

He expressed the desire to make a game for the Audio games community, we said
"nice idea" thinking that perhaps we'd see something in a few months.

Within 24 hours it'd appeared! I mean that, 24! hours!

The game, now called towers of war, is the first ever audio tower defense game,
this basically is a popular genre of graphical stratogy games where a number of
monsters walk down a path from one end to the other, and the player must
strategically build towers which shoot at the monsters to defeat them.

The stratogy comes from where you build the towers, what towers you build, and
how you upgrade them, sinse you've only got limited money.

Within a week, the game now has several game modes, 20 levels, 4 maps (with a
map editer in developement), and 6 different types of tower with new ones on
the way.

It also has audio grid review commands and various ways to track battles, pluss
some high contrast graphics for those who would find them useful.

Beta are literally being posted each night, each with more bug squashing and
more features, so it's highly recommended to try the game.

Just read http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=4327 for full
description and links, including a link to a walkthru. It's also recommended to
check the first post, sinse Aprone is updating it with a change logue and new
feature list, as well as updated links to new betas.

I can highly recommend this game, ---- and in fact am really looking forward to
seeing what gets added next.

I think developement has been the fastest I've ever seen! considdering even the
idea for an audio tower defense game wasn't around a fortnight ago.

Beware the Grue!