From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2010 4:00 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Changing the greater than symbol in interactive
fiction

Hi.

removing the status line would be handy indeed. as regards a replacement for

the greater than symbol, ---- well as I said I got used to greater than
indicating that I should type something, but I do see your point especially
for starting if players.

Obviously the phrase should be very short, but should indicate what's going
on.

how about "your move?" or "your turn?" as in a chess game. inserting the
question mark will give the right intonation to a synth, and make it an
enquiry, where as given the business with sapi reading punctuation marks
which has already been mentioned, you: might litterally read as "you colon"
which could be a trifle destracting.

Question marks however are not commonly read by sapi, so this would be a
more logical symbol to use.

Obviously, when using usual screen readers like hal, it's possible to set
read punctuation anyway so either wouldn't matter too much, ----- though
it's also worth noting that most synths will add correct intonation for a
question.

Beware the Grue!