Hi all,

Over the past week or so, I've been learning Inform 7 and discovered
tonight that you can change the greater than symbol prompt in interactive
fiction games with a single line of code. You can also turn off the status
lines at the top, which refresh each turn.

Changing both would mean you'd no longer have to hear something like this
each turn: "fork in the path of the road moves one hundred and twenty two
greater than".

So, I want to create a simple test room and try some of it out, but I'd
like some suggestions as to what you think the prompt should be changed
to. Would you want to hear another symbol, or a word? Perhaps a phrase?

I'm trying to think what would work for both V I and sighted players, and
give beginners an idea that they need to type something.

How about "Command colon" or "You colon"? (Obviously the word colon in
those two phrases would be a colon symbol, not the word.)

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Neophyte.