You actually don't need to go anywhere persay. THe trick, and it is indeed a bit tricky, is to start descending slowly at first until you're at or below 1000 feet. Then you have to take out your landing gear. Then you have to turn until you hear the beeping that tells you you're approachhing te corect direction. If you've had any experience with GMA Tank Commander this part should be familiar to you since the beeping will increase in pitch as you approach the correct direction. Then when you're lined up properly with the landing beacon you'll hear a solid, continuous tone. But if you pay attention during the message where you're instructed to land you'll hear Orion say Locked onto landing beacon. So all you have to do is to turn until you're facing the right direction and descend with enough time to deploy the landing gear. The trick is doing it with enough airspeed that you'll be able to descend but not so fast that you'll cras or damage your aircraft. When you're close to landing you need to have an airspeed of 400 nots or less. Also make sure your angle of attack for the landing is 150 or greater, otherwise you'll come in too steep.
We are the Knights who saaaaay...Ni!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Maslo" <mmaslo1...@swbell.net>
To: "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, November 26, 2010 11:44 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] TDV help

Hi list:

Sorry if somke of these questions were asked previously and yes I have read
the manual already about this.

I am trying to learn how to land which I saw earlier was a hot topic.

My question is as follows.

I am in race mode and I win the race and I get the message to land. My
question is how do I know what direction to go to land? I do not hear
anything to indicate that I need to turn and/or such. I am at around 35000
feet and well at that point I do not know what to do next to find where to
land.

Any help would be appreciated.