Hi,

Why am I not surprised? Ever notice everything Microsoft touches,
creates, or sells breaks easily?

I mean if they have a virus on their system they need to take care of
it. If that means purging their servers and backups to kill it then
that's what they have to do. There is no excuse letting a virus have
free reign for a year.