Ah yes, that was Gantoris. He was indeed the first one Exar-Kun went after. Of course he ended up killing Gantoris rather than corrupting him. Kun showed Gantoris Admiral D'aala destroying the rest of his people on Dantuine and Gantoris attacked him. And if I'm not mistaken Kyp ended up carrying Gantoris' Lightsaber, a gift from Luke if I recall, after he turned from the Dark Side.
We are the Knights who saaaaay...Ni!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 8:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] mysteries of the sith

Hi,

I'd have to do more research, but I can think of another instance
where a Jedi student created a light saber that could double his blade
length. Do you remember in the Jedi Academy series the guy who Exar
Kune attempted to convert to the dark side before Kip?

At any rate he built a light saber that could double and I think
tripple his light sabers length, and gave Luke Skywalker a real
surprise in the bargon. Up until that point I don't believe the Star
Wars books really had discussed alternative designs for light sabers.

Of course, now that we have the Clone Wars era out in cartoon and
books we've had a chanse to observe several different light saber
designs using different lengths, colors, and handles themselves seamed
to be customized for an individual Jedi. This same thing seams to be
happening in the Knights of the Old Republic series too. So I'm sure
this trick with doubling blade length is bound to turn up again
somewhere.

Well, we have a lightsaber and a lightwhip... could we call this a
lightflail? lol. Because to my knowledge, there aren't any true
weapons like that... two examples come to mind. The whip chain, which
was used by shaolin monks way back, and the ara... which was a
flexible sword developed by the rajputs.

Right. A metre seems to be the standard for lengths... as for
doubling, the only one I've sceen able to do that is Coran Horn. Is
there anyone else who can double thelength of their blade?