From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Jim Kitchen
Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2010 4:56 AM
To: Thomas Ward
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Programming Games was Re: Response From Bavisoft

Hi Thomas,

Just one little correction I think.  In procedural programming you can have
public and private variables.  That is you can do things at the beginning
such as

public SpeechRate

or

dim PlayersNames(10)

And those variables are then global throughout your entire program.  But you
can also do the same in a sub and those variables are then only accessible
in that sub.  I E you can use the same variable in other subs and the values
etc are not carried over from one sub to another.

And then there is a bad programming practice that I do all of the time and
that is that I do not even declare variables.  Just use them on the fly as
it were.  But that is only if you do not need to declare them such as
dimensioned arrays or if you need them to be global.

BFN

     Jim

Constants aren't;  variables don't.

j...@kitchensinc.net