Hi Liam,

That's correct. I think a lot of developer's hear forget that Visual
Basic 6 was primarily designed for Windows 95 and 98, and Windows 9x
legacy support for VB 6 was included in XP. However, beginning with
Vista and now Windows 7 all official support for Visual Basic 6 is
history. That's because starting with Visual Basic 7, AKA Visual Basic
2002, Microsoft included it in their .NET Framework sweet of languages
and have based a lot of newer software for Vista and Win 7 on .NET.
Microsoft no longer wants to provide legacy support for Windows 9x era
software, and want to push the industry towards .NET. This pretty much
makes older products like your games less and less compatible with the
latest Windows releases.

Anyway, it is good you are looking at BGT as it gives you an
alternative to VB 6. Yeah, your programs still work on Windows 7 if
the person installs the necessary dependencies, disables  UAC, etc but
the bottom line is that VB 6 is outdated and is rapidly running out of
support and long term compatibility. That is and will become an issue
for those of us who already own Windows 7 computers, and will in all
likelyhood upgrade to the next Windows release when it is released.
Who knows how compatible VB 6 apps will be then.

Smile.