Hi.

thanks for the info.

I'd actually be interested in a usb headphone adapter, sinse I have an extremely good set of sanheisar earbuds which i use with my laptop, and short of spending lots of money on a usb headset with good sound I think it'd be hard to get a similar quality out of one.

What are usb headphone adapters called? if I know the name I can make enquiries locally.

As far as snagging the thing goes, ----- well I'll just have to be careful is all.

This probably won't be a long term solution. this going wrong has brought home to me that my laptop is! five years old, has a 32 gb hard drive and not the world's best ram (though it has been adequate for most things), and while I've deffinately had my money's worth out of it it's probably time to think about an upgrade. But I'd much rather have a working laptop in the mean time while i look at models and make decisions, than be forced to buy one.

Beware the Grue!